Are you passionate about the Food & Beverage Industry? This is your opportunity to join an amazing company and be a part of an innovative and high-quality classic bar with a contemporary sports lounge ambiance!
BC Kitchen offers innovative and high-quality interpretations of classic bar “comfort” foods paired with a sophisticated, contemporary, lounge ambiance. Menu items range from gourmet pizzas to burgers and Mexican-inspired street fare, with an extensive bar stocked with local, regional, and international beer. Located steps away from the plaza of BC Place, with TV’s spread throughout the space, BC Kitchen is a premier destination on game-days and pre-and-post events.
The Food Runner is primarily responsible for transporting food and beverage items, supplies and the transportation of various food and beverage items to guests in a restaurant, lounge or patio. The Food Runner assists with clearing, cleaning and resetting designated areas and greeting and seating of guests. This position is responsible for following both company and facility policies and procedures. The Food Runner will promote the Parq Vancouver facility and act as a positive role model and representative of Blau & Associates. The Food Runner continually strives for 100% guest satisfaction.
The Food Runner is responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with other Team Members and Departments to ensure the restaurant, lounge and patio operates in accordance with established operational procedures
- Serving food and beverage items to guests in the restaurant, lounge or patio areas
- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties, ensuring mise-en-place and par stock is maintained for all service related items
- Preparing speciality items and clearing, cleaning and resetting designated areas
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanor while providing exemplary guest service
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to applicable food, liquor safety and workplace standards, operational requirements and statutory compliance regulations
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use
- All duties as assigned by the Restaurant General Manager or their designated representative
The Food Runner must:
- Have experience as a Food Runner in a similar environment including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast paced high-volume establishment
- Have a Foodsafe Level 1 certificate. Serving It Right would be considered an asset
- Be able to obtain and maintain a GPEB license
- Have an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of a 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Have a basic understanding of different cuisines and food preparation methods
- Have a good product knowledge and be able to effectively handle all guest inquiries including dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Have solid problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication and sales skills
- Have the ability to handle inventory management and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage
- Have detailed knowledge of the Vancouver area including Parq Vancouver amenities, services and local attractions
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and stoop repeatedly
- Be able to frequently lift and carry up to 44 pounds
Checkout www.parqvancouver.com/work or www.elizabethblau.com for more information! We are looking forward to hearing from you!