The Sales Manager for Western Canada is responsible for implementing a coordinated program to maximize field marketing and sales efforts of company products for commercial distribution accounts. Accountable for achieving sales goals and increasing market share through aligned commercial channels of distribution within the designated territory. Plan and implement programs for expanded penetration of targeted distribution channels, distribution customers, and aggressive field promotions. Accountable for assuring both sales and profit goals are attained for all accounts with headquarters in the region. This role will require that the individual be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong relational skills with their internal and external teammates.
Master Lock is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. Since our founding in 1921, we have worked hard to earn and maintain the trust of our customers by delivering on our promise of strength and quality and by continually setting new standards for lock design, application and performance. As the largest global manufacturer and marketer of padlocks, we continue to build our founder’s passion for innovation, quality, and compelling value into our expanding lines of security solutions. The Master Lock Company includes the industry leading Master Lock and Sentry®Safe brands. It is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Therma-Tru Doors, Fiberon Decking and Fypon.
- Responsible for sale of products through all commercial classes of trade within the designated territory.
- Conduct regular business reviews with assigned accounts to drive share of shelf, competitive share gains, expanded offerings, and coordinated joint field marketing activities.
- Coordinate or conduct customer sales meetings, product knowledge training sessions to educate customer base on products and market targets.
- Regularly monitor and report on operating conditions and specific problems, opportunities and trends. Maintain in-depth awareness of local market and competitive trends and conditions, end-user attitudes and characteristics, business trends and general economic conditions and communicate these on an accurate and timely basis to management.
- Document sales activities, opportunity forecasts, leads and contact interaction in CRM software
- Attend national and regional conventions, trade shows and dealer associations as identified or designated as meaningful for general business development.
- Responsible for managing territory budget to include T. & E., Office Supplies, and General Administrative Expenses.
- Prepare and submit budgets and forecasts as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree with studies in business or marketing or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of field sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Above average ability to foster mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
- Strong understanding of commercial sales market
- Continually develops individual knowledge level around industry and best practices.
- Can effectively build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Works effectively without constant and direct supervision.
- Self-motivated to achieve/surpass sales plan
- Security or safety lockout sales experience preferred.
- Ability to travel required.
- Track record of successful performance in commercial/industrial sales.
- Experience with and positive attitude toward CRM software imperative.