Job Number: 80539
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 33.2300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 47.5700
Post Date: Feb 18, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 25, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
The Surgical Team at the Juravinski Hospital provides peri-operative care to the critical adult patient population as well as support to the Acute Pain Service. In this exciting and dynamic environment our team supports tertiary and regional programs providing both inpatient and same day surgery and is the host hospital for the Regional Cancer Centre.
As a member of this specialty unit providing critical care services, the PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for the planning, implementation and assessment of post-anaesthetic patient care.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays (on call as required)
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Current BCLS and ACLS certification
3. Recent (within last 2 years) ECG interpretation experience
4. Peri-anaesthesia Nursing Course
5. Recent (within the last 2 years) experience in surgical nursing
6. Current certificate in vascular access certification
7. Demonstrated knowledge of anaesthetic techniques and procedures and their implications for nursing assessment and practice
8. Demonstrated knowledge of post-anaesthesia assessment and management of adults, including airway management, invasive cardiac monitoring, pain management and invasive pressure line monitoring
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, patient care environment
9. Evidence of ongoing professional development and continuing education
10. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement