Northerm Windows and Doors is seeking an intermediate-level Human Resources Advisor to join our growing Administrative team. This role supports the seamless administration of Northerm’s HR programs and services. This individual will act as the first point of contact for HR-related inquiries from Employees and internal partners and will play a significant role in the staffing and overall compliance of each department. This position will report into the Senior Administration Manager/Controller.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage, in a progressive manner, the HR policy framework;
- Make suggestions and implement workflow and process improvements. Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate toward an improved and more productive process that will enhance the overall client experience.
- Work with managers to identify staffing needs and manage the entire recruitment cycle;
- Provide sound, ethical, and timely guidance to Managers on employee relations matters including progressive discipline & performance management, attendance, terminations, workplace accommodations, etc.;
- Onboard new employees by preparing and presenting the information package that includes employee benefits, key company policies; payroll requirements and security/access ID requirements;
- Build and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) with employee information including new hire status, position and rate of pay information and ensure security of employee documents and provide reporting and KPI’s as requested;
- Ability to diagnose problems and lead correction efforts through effective communication and efficient execution;
- Provide training to Managers and all employees on various HR topics;
- Other projects and tasks as identified by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field. Equivalent experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a Human Resources department, preferably in an advisory capacity;
- Working toward, or holding a CPHR designation considered an asset;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Employment Standards, Human Rights, OH&S and other related legislation required;
- Strong customer focus with exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven decision making, problem solving, and time management skills;
- High level of computer literacy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated respect for confidentiality and privacy a requirement.
Northerm offers a competitive compensation package including health & dental benefits and RRSP matching. Salary will be determined based on skills and experience. Please apply through this site with your cover letter and resume or drop by our office at 17 Burns Road to complete an application form. For more information, contact Northerm’s HR Department at 867.668.5088.
As a First Nation owned for-profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.
Northerm encourages applicants who require accommodations to self-identify so that reasonable support can be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Whitehorse, YT (Preferred)