St. Ann’s Academy (Kamloops) is seeking a part-time (0.4FTE) International Education Coordinator. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting our international students academically, spiritually, culturally, and socially.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- share in the Catholic faith and actively participate in the life of their parish
- have a degree in education, with a minimum of three years of experience
- work collaboratively to plan, implement, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences
- have an appreciation for a wide range of cultures and languages
- are energetic and enthusiastic about working with adolescents and young adults.
- build trust and positive relations with all involved
- show a high degree of initiative, planning, and organizational skills
- developing faith-permeated curriculum for English Language Learners from a variety of cultures
- preparing developmentally appropriate lessons, teach and assess ELL students
- supporting students to understand and thrive in the Canadian educational system
- providing opportunities for cultural awareness between and among students and faculty
- liaising with parents and guardians regarding student progress
For further information about the position, please contact Patrick Niwa at 250-372-5452
Teacher application forms as well as the Confidential Pastoral Reference form may be found under the Employment tab located on the CISKD website (www.ciskd.ca). Completed applications may be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck.
This posting shall remain open until filled. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Member of the British Columbia College of Teachers (Required)