We are proud to be one of North America’s largest integrated master-planned community homebuilders having built over 15,000 new homes and condominiums. We are committed to building excellence and in creating communities that are well located, rich in amenities and full of life. We are proud of our history and excited about our future as we continue to realize our vision to provide families and individuals with a place they can truly call home.
Working out of the construction site office, this position will be directly responsible for coordinating all administrative work for the site construction team. This requires an organized individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and a high level of computer literacy. This position will assist the Site Superintendent, along with all site staff, in a multitude of functions throughout all stages of the construction process.
Key Functions & Duties
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead JHSC meetings and Tool Talks.
- Establish QA’s, clean up the QA’s, and follow through with trades.
- Assist with PDI clean up
- Prepare for Energy Star check
- Prepare for frame walks
- Walk thru units & inspections with Superintendents
- Monitoring and learning the schedule
- Deficiency lists for Holmes on Homes and follow up with trades
- Ensure all project documents are uploaded into the system
- Other work and tasks related to company's objectives, or as required by the Site Superintendent(s)
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to prioritize and complete work on time while under pressure
- Understanding of construction codes and safety codes
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to review and read drawings
- Ability to recognize and order materials
- Understanding of technical issues
- Ability to take on a leadership role and handle difficult situations
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications, word, excel, outlook express
- Adaptable to learn new computer systems (Newstar – REMS)
- 1 Year to 18 months in a Project Coordinator role.
- Optional – previous experience as a labourer/handyperson
- Completion of a college/university program related to Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
Empire Communities is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment and as such, any accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.