Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Planner is directly responsible for the
scheduling and coordination of all PM and repair activities. These duties must be performed to ensure safe and productive
operations and equipment, resulting in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. This position verifies work
instructions and ensures work practices contain all information to complete task safely and efficiently. Duties also include
implementation and management of maintenance plans and task list within SAP. Develops, revises and assists with the
implementation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Mine Maintenance Department. Provides support,
analysis and ensures work packets are complete. Defines parts and materials, defines skills and engages the proper
resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan.
- To oversee mobile maintenance planning of our Mining fleet
- Develops, implements, and monitors daily maintenance plans within SAP to ensure parts are being reserved in advance
- Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of
- Ensures all aspects of safety policies and procedures are incorporated into the plan.
- Gathers necessary engineering or technical documents, specifications, and drawings.
- Monitors daily work completion and parts issuing,
- Maintains quality and standardization of work orders and provide daily communication within Mine Maintenance
- Works directly with the Maintenance Superintendent, Maintenance Lead, Shift Supervisors, and PM Leads ensuring
constant communication within the division
- Review all PM work packets and technicians time spent on PM’s and PCR plans
- Maintains maintenance and repair records
- Mechanical / Electrical background is necessary. Apprenticeship program or technical school background.
- 5 years’ experience in Mine Maintenance as a senior Technician and / or 1 -2 years in a Maintenance Planner Role.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with SAP or other equivalent software, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and understands the maintenance process and proper use of the work order system, planning and
scheduling and storeroom processes.
- Experience with Komatsu and Caterpillar an asset.
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Extended health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Relocation allowance or camp accommodation
Emo, ON, Canada