FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we're just getting started and there's a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior Technical Program Manager, Data
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background in a Lean or Agile environment, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current big data and cloud technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and help negotiate tradeoffs, and understand the balance of business needs versus technical constraints.
What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Work closely with our Data Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics teams, as well as other departments such as Engineering, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support
- Help gather requirements and manage an overall data roadmap and portfolio of projects
- Communicate with and manage the expectations of stakeholders (technical and non-technical senior leaders and executives)
- Provide reporting as necessary on project status, risks, issues and mitigation plans
- Manage relationships with external vendors, assisting in the evaluation and execution of appropriate tools and technologies for our Data needs
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in project management, and at least 2 years managing Big Data and Cloud technologies related projects, and with tools as Google Cloud Platform, AWZ, Microsoft Azure
- Strong program management skills:
- Versed in project management principles, approaches and frameworks
- Experience with Agile and Lean software development processes
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with experience in negotiation, influencing others effectively, and building alignment across multiple departments
- Excellent communication skills: exceptional in written communication, ability to speak with clarity and precision, and comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to conduct, lead and manage meetings effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with ability to manage competing priorities and to deal with ambiguity
- Experienced helping to optimise and improve processes using Lean principles, techniques or tools is considered an asset
- People management experience is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or relevant discipline
- PMP or Lean Six Sigma certification are a bonus
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.