Prevalent, Inc is pleased to announce the opening of a new software development centre in Kanata, Ontario. Prevalent is a leading security and risk management software vendor. Our enterprise SaaS application is used by customers to track and mitigate risks within their supplier base and internal business units. Now is a great time to join one of the fastest growing security and risk management companies.
You'll be a vital part of the team helping to design and build new features as well as improve the overall quality of our existing code base. Alongside a talented team of developers, you'll be solving interesting and challenging problems whilst using industry best practices to create scalable software solutions. You will work within a busy agile software development team focused on short development sprints and regular release cycles.
This position is located in Kanata, Ontario. You must be eligible to work in Canada for this role.
- LAMP and MEAN stacks hosted in AWS
- Laravel PHP framework
- SASS (Zurb Foundation CSS framework)
- PHPUnit, Selenium, Jest
- MySQL, PostgresQL, MongoDB
- Excellent development skills
- Experience with LAMP, MEAN or any other similar web stack.
- Knowledge of Agile software development principles and practices.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and build functionally robust code.
- A self-driven team member.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and good judgment
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better.
- In-depth understanding of the web development process.
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with MVC Frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, or CodeIgniter
- Knowledge of relational/NoSql database design principles.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing secure code.
- Experience in implementing RESTful APIs, oAuth.
- Experience with TDD,unit testing, integration testing, PHPUnit, Junit, Mocha, etc.
- Experience writing & maintaining Bash/PowerShell scripts
- Experience using/managing CI/CD systems and pipelines
- Experience with AWS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- PHP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)