Mammoet is seeking a dynamic and results driven individual to lead shop operations in our Fort McKay Branch. The successful candidate will possess the ability to multitask, service minded attitude, the ability to effective manage teams of people and experience in transport and crane organization would be an asset. This position is for energetic individual with strong computer and organizational skills, professionalism, and excellent communication skills are key traits we are looking for. Our environment is fast paced and requires people with the ability to be flexible and have a passion for their work, the region of Alberta and our organization.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Work with Operations Manager and Maintenance Planner/ Administrator in organizing daily shop activities.
- Organize and assist in mobilization and demobilization of equipment.
- Ensure all shop personnel have been deemed competent on the equipment they are operating.
- Ensures schedules outlined by the Operations Manager are executed
- Works alongside shop personnel, providing support when necessary.
- Ensures all materials are stored in a safe and orderly manner.
- Mentor and teach shop personnel.
- Lead by positive example.
- Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner.
- Understand, support communicate and enforce all Mammoet HSE/SHE-Q policies and procedures and all Mammoet operational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Good supervisory skills
- Excellent working knowledge of cranes and rigging
- Safety Orientated
- Service Orientated
- Experience with AT and Crawler Cranes
- Class One Driver’s License
- Journeyman Mobile Crane Certificate (Red Seal preferred)
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
Engineered lifting and transportation services
Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
Plant turnaround logistics
Salvage and wreck removal
Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Fort MacKay office.