Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations, the Linux administrator
will provide professional and technical support on existing corporate Linux based servers in addition to second tier operational support on PC operating systems and applications
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Qualification and Competencies
- Provide primary systems administration functions on Linux based systems such as; ensuring systems are properly patched and secured; installation and configuration of Linux servers as stand-alone or virtual guests
- Manage Linux related OS and application software rollouts and upgrades, which includes testing upgrades
- Assist in developing, maintaining and troubleshooting any Linux based scripting solutions
- Support and participate in LUN and data store management duties
- Assist with supporting and managing the storage allocations, including usage and performance monitoring, capacity planning and reporting, associated application support and resolving storage contention issues
- Configure, monitor and report on system performance with existing system monitoring applications, in addition to backup/restore functions following day-to-day operational requirements and business continuity processes
- Assist in developing, monitoring and maintaining the corporate VMware virtual environment.
- Perform research, evaluate and provide documented recommendations for new technologies and tools providing documented results and preparing requests for implementation when required.
- Liaise on internal projects and with external vendors when required
- Coordinate training on various Linux applications as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Linux, VMware, Advanced Shell Scripting and Storage Management
- Post-secondary education in a computer related field
- Thorough knowledge of PC/Server applications and network concepts
- Knowledge and experience with Turbonomics and Solar Winds an asset
- Excellent communication skills
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its Members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the Member provincial governments.
Our vision is to provide a World Class Lottery Experience for our Players including entertaining products, convenient access to products anytime, anywhere and a positive experience in all interactions. WCLC recognizes that it’s our people that make this possible.
Don’t gamble with your career……apply by October 25, 2018 at WCLC Careers.