Job title :
RESPIRATORY SERVICES CLERK – PENTICTON B.C.
PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
The Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Respiratory Services Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Respiratory Services department, such as:
Hours of work:
- Patient registration;
- Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Respiratory Services staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
- Performs data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and databases by entering information into software program(s) Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
- Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
- Obtains patients’ charts, medical reports, lab results and x-rays from internal and external sources as requested by physicians and/or professional staff.
- Record management duties related to clinical activities such as setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, and conducting file searches for requested information
- Uses Registration, Clinical, and Financial database systems to extract, compile, report and graph information for research and statistical evaluation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday – 07:30 to 12:45
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Medical Terminology course, Plus
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.