Riverside Millwork Group is a truly forward thinking group of companies with over 40 years of success in the building materials and millwork markets. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
Our company is in the business of delivering a richer and more personalized customer experience to builders, architects, general contractors and interior designers. Our package of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers and custom millwork, hardwood flooring, and millwork installations.
RMG is defined by the passion of its team and the belief that each day brings new opportunities for growth and success. In 2018, RMG was listed as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies (McLean's) with a five year revenue growth of 253%.
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for providing material delivery and installation scheduling services to Riverside Millwork Group’s builder customers and internal project teams. The focus of this role involves two main objectives; to coordinate and maintain an accurate and efficient schedule of deliveries and installations that is used by the Shipping, Materials, Sales, and Accounting departments, and to coordinate and distribute work schedules for trim carpenters to accommodate scheduled installation requirements. The Scheduling Coordinator receives requests from builder customers, site supervisors, and internal departments to accommodate material deliveries and installations, and communicates directly with trim carpenters as required for a high volume of residential construction projects.
- Upon request from builder customers, builder site supervisors, and internal departments, schedule material deliveries and installation for supply only and 1st and 2nd trim installations.
- Upon request from internal departments, schedule delivery for retail and custom home supply only projects.
- Record all scheduled deliveries and 1st and 2nd trim installations on the shared Shipping Schedule.
- Ensure that the shared Shipping Schedule is updated as soon as changes (additions, revisions) occur.
- Assign and schedule trim carpenters for all scheduled installations.
- Provide each trim carpenter with their installation schedule on a weekly basis.
- Follow up with builder customers, builder site supervisors, and internal Account Managers 1 to 2 days prior to the day the installation is scheduled to confirm the schedule is correct and the site will be ready.
- Follow up with trim carpenters at the end of each day, or the following day to obtain a status update on the completion of scheduled work and revise trim carpenter schedule accordingly.
- Ensure that any outstanding house measurements and specifications for all scheduled installations have been requested from account managers and internal departments.
- Communicate regularly with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that the Shipping Schedule is being followed and met.
- Follow up with builder customers, builder site supervisors and internal Account Foremen if any deliveries or installations will be late.
- Defer any customer complaints or disputes to the Materials Manager.
- Report to the Materials Manager all occurrences of trim carpenters being late or not showing up to their scheduled installations.
- Provide delivery drivers with maps or directions to delivery locations when necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor or company Directors.
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
- Computer Skills:
- Microsoft office (word, outlook & excel)
- Business Vision
- Ability to work in a busy, hectic environment.
- Ability to exercise patience and diplomacy.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to make and deal with changes quickly.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable speaking with customers and subcontractors.
- Working knowledge of construction scheduling.
- Ability to follow written, graphic, and verbal instructions.
- Self-starter and self-motivator.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Pleasant demeanour.
Compensation & Perks!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan, and health and dental benefits
- Company RRSP program with company matching.
- Monthly Pizza Lunches
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scheduling: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Building Materials: 3 years (Preferred)