Mary Be Kitchen, an exciting and innovative express-casual restaurant-cafe, is looking for line and prep cooks to join our growing and collegial team. Why cook at MBK? We offer reasonable hours, a safe and supportive environment for everyone, competitive wages, and an opportunity to cook a wide variety of healthy wholesome food from scratch. Everything that we serve is made from scratch in our Yonge and St. Clair kitchen.
QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You are a quick, efficient multi-tasker who can prioritize and stay energetic in a high-volume kitchen environment. You are calm under pressure.
- Related kitchen experience, good knife skills, and a food handler’s certification are all assets.
- You are very reliable.
- You are able to work flexible hours, including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You are able to carry and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, stoop and bend, and stand and move for extended periods of time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cook, prep, grill, plate, bake, clean and stock. As a cook at Mary Be, you should be ready and willing to go wherever you are needed during a shift.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in an impeccably clean, sanitary and organized condition.
- Prepare all food in accordance with recipes and specs, and with close attention to target ticket times.
- Communicate effectively with management regarding inventory and food quantities and quality in prep, on the line and in holding. Communicate effectively with the next shift to ensure that stations are stocked and ready for service.
- Ensure proper rotation, labelling and dating of all products, and thoroughly document wasted product on waste sheets.
PAY & PERKS:
- $15 -$18 per hour, depending on your experience, plus tips (approx. $2-$3 per hour worked)
- One free meal, coffee and tea when you are working (conditions may apply).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)