Building Operations Manager
The Building Operations Manager doesn’t believe in ‘MacGyvering’ it. They take pride in caring for the health and well-being of the physical facility. They maintain a five star environment with the day-to-day operations and cleanliness to the required standards while ensuring a safe and friendly environment for all staff and guests.
These go-getters are responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the club as well as regulatory items such as licensing. To ensure that the building assets are secure, maintained and running smoothly, Building Operations Managers perform a variety of tasks. They work in a hybrid environment that combines traditional office work with more hands-on work, throughout the building.
They are an inspiring leader who accomplishes preventative maintenance in compliance with all health and safety regulations. They are passionate about motivating and mentoring their teams while promoting a building-wide utilities efficiency program.
This job might be for you if you have the following talents & spirit:
- You Have Problem Solving Skills: You have the ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; determines course of action; develops appropriate solutions. You can troubleshoot through difficult situations. If you don’t know, you’ll dig till you find a solution.
- You are always up for a challenge: take things apart and put them back together, for fun. You think on your feet. You like learning new things and are always up for a challenge. You’re an information seeker and creatively make use of your resources.
- You are a Planner: You’re always one step ahead and are on the ball when it comes to preventative maintenance, schedules and communicating service disruptions.
- You’re Methodical: You don’t ‘eeny meeny miny moe’ things, you are methodical when making decisions.
- You Have Communication Superpowers: You play well with others and have excellent oral and written communication skills. You take leading a team of people seriously (individuals and teams) and you enjoy training, developing and motivating your crew.
- You’re Detail Oriented: You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything that is worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. You cross your T’s, dot your I’s and remain highly organized and detail oriented. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You’re Goal Oriented: You thrive on achieving results. You’re an eager beaver - you are self motivated and goal oriented. Crossing it off the list provides you with great satisfaction.
- You’re Flexible: You can roll with the punches and positively adapt to change. You’re like Gumby and can remain flexible with working long hours, evening and weekends.
- You’re Responsible & Reliable: You won’t burn the house down, you’re responsible and trustworthy. You’re reliable.
- You’re Motivated & Driven: You’re motivated and driven. You take initiative. You identify opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to resolve them. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
As a Building Operations Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- A mountain of new work orders that need to be prioritized and delegated
- Communication with the various teams about service disruptions
- Reviewing contract proposal from a prospective contractor and dissecting it
- Troubleshooting the microphone in the co-ed group fitness studio before the next class starts
- Checking the preventative maintenance calendar to ensure no items are missed
- Reviewing, revising and adjusting the supplies order
- Attending and participating in the joint health and safety meeting
- Conducting an employee performance review
To land this role you need to have;
- A university degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ years facility operations experience
- 3+ years personnel management experience
- All team members must have current CPR/First Aid certification prior to start date and must be maintained throughout employment
- A recent Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of training and/or work.
Perks of this position include;
- A competitive salary
- Flex-plan health benefits
- Complimentary individual membership
- Complete training and development package
- Working alongside great people in a culture that fosters empowerment
- Career-defining growth and development opportunities
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Altea Active. We want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is with us.
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this job advertisement is to provide you with a glimpse into the full responsibilities. It is not a complete explanation of duties, responsibilities or requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and believes in treating everyone fairly regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and upon request will provide accommodations to candidates taking part in the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- management: 3 years (Preferred)