Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing & Communications Manager plays an integral role in leading Genworth Canada’s marketing, communications and community relations programs. This role leads a small team of marketing professionals and requires an individual who enjoys being hands on from the development to implementation of all key initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide leadership, direction and support to a small team to ensure they are supporting the business in all areas of marketing and communication.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies and initiatives for web, intranet, editorial calendars and GNW’s MMS portal inclusive of content.
- Act as thought leader on emerging trends in buyer behavior for the business.
- Manage and execute industry advertising campaigns.
- Manage the logistics, planning and execution of client and corporate events.
- Draft news releases, product sheet or program initiatives as well as speeches or speaking notes and investor related materials for senior management as required.
- Develop editorial calendars and content.
- Responsible for third party providers on various initiatives – news gathering. mms and agency.
- Research, vet, and recommend technology trends and strategic solutions for operational and business development efficiencies (i.e. CRM tools).
- Liaise with key business partners to ensure marketing and communications activities are integrated with other parts of the business and aligned with the overall corporate objectives.
- Responsible for people management activities including recruitment, employee development, engagement and performance management.
- A university degree or college diploma in marketing, communications or another related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of progress experience working in marketing and communications within financial services with the mortgage industry.
- Previous experience in dealing regulations and compliance requirements applicable to the business in financial services.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Must have prior experience deploying Marketing & Community Cloud.
- Exceptional written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in event management.
- Prior people management responsibility an asset.
- Bilingualism as asset.
Genworth Canada is committed to providing an accessible work environment. This includes providing accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the selection process. Our Human Resources team would be pleased to work with applicants requesting accommodations to meet their individual needs.