We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who knows that building projects and building relationships go hand in hand. Working collaboratively as part of our team and in partnership with our clients, you will ensure that their expectations have been met and exceeded.
Being a project manager, you will be responsible for one or more projects and the overall delivery of the project performance including costs, schedule, quality, project status, safety and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the client, consultants, subcontractors, public and project team;
- Manage all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations;
- Work with Superintendent to develop and monitor the project schedule;
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy;
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities;
- Resolve project disputes in a timely manner;
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule;
- Work with Superintendent in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods;
- Assist Superintendent in establishing and maintaining project safety culture;
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely;
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner according to established schedules;
- Review/approve subcontractor applications for payment;
- Expedite payment from owner within contract terms;
- Chair relevant consultant/owner project meetings and effectively communicate status of project;
- Process all change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact;
- Manage all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work;
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel;
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals and presentations and providing leads to development department; and
- Participate in tender closings when requested.
- Other Duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years previous Project Management experience working on low-rise, mid-rise, high-rise residential, commercial, institutional and/or concrete projects;
- University or college diploma in a relevant construction/engineering program;
- Excellent computer skills using MS Project Scheduling and Project Management software;
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and leadership skills;
- Proven creative problem solving skills; and
- Strong focus on client relationships.
To be successful in this position, you will be a motivated and professional individual with proven project management and leadership skills. Your success can be attributed to your strong interpersonal skills and ongoing focus on developing your ‘soft skills’ to meet company objectives while demonstrating shared values of integrity, honesty, energy and teamwork.
Location: Richmond, BC
- English (required)
- Cantonese/Mandarin (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Construction Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Cantonese/Mandarin (Preferred)