The Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Downtown/Beltline District has 390 modern long-stay suites and caters to business and family leisure travellers looking for an extended-stay hotel as well as to groups and meeting attendees with a 10,000 sq. ft. Conference Centre. Guestrooms feature full kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas and provide seamless connectivity to the home and office with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout, free hot breakfast daily, complimentary grocery delivery, 24-hour onsite food and beverage market, health and fitness options and comfortable public areas, including a terrace lounge and roof deck for relaxation and socializing.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, the Assistant Housekeeping Manager will supervise the activities of the Housekeeping associates including laundry and public spaces. He or she will also act as Housekeeping Manager in his or her absence and on assigned holidays and weekends.
- Inspect and check the work of associates to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of assigned areas.
- Report all needed repairs to maintenance.
- Check and maintain adequate level of supplies and materials and request replenishment as required.
- Report any associate issues to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Work with Guest Services and Maintenance departments regarding the status of rooms ensuring that guest requirements are met according to Hotel policy and Marriott standards.
- Ensure adherence to Hotel policy regarding security of bedrooms and keys.
- Ensure the safe storage and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufactures on their Materials Data Sheets (MDS).
- Ensure the correct handling of lost guest property in accordance whit Hotel procedures.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures as detailed in the standards & procedures while ensuring accurate completion of any reports.
- Assist with team member orientation and training within the department as required by Hotel policy.
- Attend meetings as requested and contribute new ideas to the overall success of the operation.
- Maintain standards of punctuality, uniform presentation and personal hygiene as required by Hotel policy.
- Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and Guest care by Hotel policy.
- Be familiar with appropriate action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure all guest comments and complaints are acted upon in accordance with Hotel policy.
- Carry out jobs as required within the department to reduce workload or meet deadlines.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with maintaining par inventory levels and conducting monthly inventory checks.
- Help to prepare work schedules to ensure all jobs are covered in assigned areas.
- Schedule special projects, including seasonal cleaning of all guestrooms.
- Ensure purchasing and labour remains within budget constraints.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Project enthusiastic, optimistic, helpful attitude.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by department heads/senior managers.
- Minimum 2 years Housekeeping supervisory experience.
- Available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter with excellent organization, presentation, customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism, sound judgment and the ability to use discretion and diplomacy while maintaining confidentiality, ethics and company standards.
- Excellent organizational, follow-through and workload planning skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Flexibility to re-prioritize daily demands and priorities.
- Proactive and collaborative team player with a strong customer service focus.
- Proficient word processing skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight time constraints.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal required.
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships within all areas of the hotel.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
Thank you for your interest in Atlific Hotels, however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
ATLIFIC HOTELS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent