What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is currently seeking an IIROC-licensed Branch Operations Manager to assist in the daily operations of a branch located in St.Catharines, Ontario. You will fulfil a leadership role in the branch by providing operational and administrative support to the Branch Manager and to the advisory teams. In addition to managing client account activities and ensuring compliance standards are met, you will also supervise branch staff, liaise with internal departments, provide software and process-related training, and manage the branch facilities and equipment.
What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Implement Branch Manager’s directives and ensure branch is efficiently and effectively managed
- Manage the daily administrative operations of the branch including the approval of all incoming and outgoing daily transactions
- Assist with training new branch support staff and coordinate ongoing training initiatives for existing branch staff
- Ensure compliance and internal control requirements are met
- Verify and approve all outgoing assets, cheques, and bank wires
- Verify and action all requests submitted by sales support staff through the internal workflow business application system
- Verify documentation and approve account openings
What’s in it for you?
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH), IIROC-licensed preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently, multi-task, and maintain professionalism in high-pressure environments
- Knowledge of the firm’s operations, and policies and procedures regarding client accounts including internal controls
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- High level of autonomy
City: St Catharines
Address: 63 Church Street, Suite 400
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/30/2021
Req ID: 412436