At CN, we work together to move our company—and North America—forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise architecture to operational technology, our teams use the agile methodology to automate and digitize our railroad ensuring our operations run optimally and safely and our employees can focus on value-added tasks. You will be able to develop your skills and career in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
CN Customer and Innovation group is seeking a senior Architecture Principal to drive strategic innovation and modernization initiatives and architecture practices of the innovation group. As a full stack architect, you will lead the architecture of cloud native applications and infrastructures to drive the creation industry leading products. As an expert product builder, you will define practical architectures that ensure the performance, scalability, and maintainability of complex distributed systems. You will also contribute to the definition of strategic technology directions and define continuous improvement objectives in collaboration with Innovation leadership team.
- Lead the delivery of customer and innovation initiatives and create great products by focusing on the needs of our customers and business value delivery.
- Create systems architectures and modernization strategies; moving to cloud native mobile applications, APIs, MicroServices, Integrations and Data Lake with target and transitions architectures and Roadmaps over multiple years.
- Design and optimize application and integration strategies for the cost-effective delivery of scalable and reliable distributed systems.
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies;
- Be a leader in the innovation group, fostering a culture of design thinking, brainstorming, efficiency, and balancing vision with practicality.
- Define architecture and engineering standards, patterns & best practices.
- Influence Innovation leadership with effective communication of proposals, directions and strategic decision making.
- 12+ years of experience with applications, cloud and infrastructures.
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect with application, technology architecture covering Applications, APIs, MicroServices, Systems Integration and Distributed Computing.
- 3+ years of experience as Senior Architect using Mobile, MicroServices and cloud technologies.
- Strong Experience architecting and building enterprise grade products
- MicroServices, Cloud Native Services and Application Architecture
- Distributed Systems & Enterprise Messaging Architecture
- A2A & B2B Integration Architecture
- Database Architectures
- Cloud Architecture
o Experience architecting/operating solutions build on Azure, GCP, others
o Experience with container and orchestration technologies - Docker, Kubernetes
o Experience with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS systems
o Experience with infrastructure, networking and security in cloud-based delivery models
o Experience working with DevOps, CI/CD/CT – Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitLab
o Experience with Test Automation, TDD, BDD, ATDD
- Experience with AI/ML technologies is an asset
- Experience in program & project scoping and planning with Agile process and tools
- Experience in delivering agile and iterative architectures
- Experience with Legacy Systems Modernization (Mainframe, SAP, Java) is a plus
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN requires that all employees in Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof as a condition of employment. The Company’s vaccination mandate extends to employees of our wholly owned subsidiaries as well as CN’s contractors, consultants, agents and suppliers and anyone who accesses CN properties in Canada.
For internal candidates, note that the grade level of the position will depend on the employee's experience.
CN requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof as a condition of employment. The Company’s vaccination mandate extends to employees of our wholly owned subsidiaries as well as CN’s contractors, consultants, agents and suppliers and anyone who accesses CN properties in Canada.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.