CoPower is a leading fintech company, looking to bring on a strong back-end developer on a 6 month contract to build modules of it's next iteration of our online investment platform. Our software team is working on developing cutting edge investment software that not only helps investors make money, but also has a positive impact on the environment. We build software that helps positive social and environmental change through investing. We’re looking for strong programmers who understand the meaning of writing efficient code.
We’re part of a new wave of tech companies that are rethinking finance: if fintech, impact investing, or clean energy are trends that excite you, this is the best place to be.
Here’s what you’ll do:
We’ve built a robust and full-featured investment platform that hundreds of clients have used to invest nearly $25 million for the good of the environment. Our team is experienced and careful in its development processes and we’re proud of the culture of quality engineering we’ve established.
Our software team is growing and we’re looking for a talented back-end developer to join on contract to help us build several modules for our new investment platform.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new modules and features in Python.
- Updating existing backend projects in PHP and Java.
- Database design, implementation and query design.
- Developing integrations with various APIs.
- Participating in planning and design.
Nice to have:
- At least 2-5 years working on a commercial web platform tech stack.
- Mastery of Python: a true pythonic code writer.
- Mastery of Databases: SQL & NoSQL. Designing Databases, normalizing and advanced querying.
- Experience working with PHP and the LAMP stack.
- Mastery of HTML5.
- Mastery of CSS and experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less.
- Experience working in *nix environments.
- Experience with at least 1 modern front-end framework (ideally React).
- An Understanding of design patterns like MVC or the factory design pattern.
- Knowledge of OOP and other paradigms.
- Understanding of computational complexity.
What you get:
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, Lambda etc.)
- Experience with a CMS like WordPress
- Projects that showcase your development experience
- Experience in refactoring code
- Familiarity with financial-services and investment concepts
- Good communication skills
- A job that you can be proud of and that helps the environment
- A role in a great team, with a culture of respect for quality engineering
- Time and budget support for professional growth: classes, coaching and certification
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
We are looking for someone to start in early January, and we will interview and hire when the right candidate comes along - so don't hesitate to apply.