As the Associate Director, Product Strategy - Digital Programs, you will work with our highly talented teams to define and deliver ecommerce digital modernization programs for some of our biggest clients. You will build out frameworks, processes, and working routines that help our teams to deliver strategic recommendations that drive meaningful change for our clients and their customers. You'll also support teams by jumping in where needed and working closely with our client stakeholders across the enterprise.
You'll be responsible for managing a team of Product Strategists and Product Managers and fostering their career growth. So while you'll often need to hop in and get your hands dirty, a good amount of your time will also be as a coach and leader for the product team. You will be expected to work cross-functionally and will be exposed to teams and leaders across Myplanet. This role can be filled remotely across Canada or the US.
How you'll succeed
- Curiosity - Maintain an intimate understanding of key advancements in product features and the customer experience in the ecommerce landscape.
- Leadership - Support and enable the broader Digital Program product team with the effective organization, coaching, servant leadership, and timely information.
- Relationships - Great listener. Empathizer. Incredible communicator. Always minding that our teams and our clients are appropriately engaged and updated.
- Intrapreneur - Help us challenge the status quo. We're constantly looking to improve the way we work, and for input into how we're evolving.
- Strategic - Connect the dots. Help directly and indirectly inform our clients' vision for new digital capabilities, always keeping the customer journey top of mind.
- Storytelling - Construct compelling and convincing strategic summaries to gather buy-in from stakeholders.
Reporting to the VP of Retail Programs, the Associate Director of Product Strategy is responsible for:
- Enable Myplanet to deliver top-tier advisory services for ecommerce clients.
- Build and refine scalable processes, models and frameworks to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration.
- Stay abreast of current ecommerce industry trends and technology, such as headless commerce and omnichannel service design.
- Contribute to knowledge championing and sharing across the organization.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness and impact of the way we work.
- Support our sales teams by contributing to pitches, client road mapping, and account planning.
- Lead workstreams within advisory engagements when needed, and drive enterprise transformation at the strategic level. Define roadmaps, deal with uncertainty, complex dependencies, difficult trade-offs and time pressure, make difficult decisions and obtain consensus with stakeholders.
- Working with delivery leaders, monitor project progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Identify client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and leadership team as required, with recommendations.
- Build and maintain high-performing teams who are dedicated and experienced in their craft, and bring out their best through servant leadership.
- Capably delivers results through others. Establishing clear direction. Challenge and support others to create results but also develop new capabilities.
- Lead and coach members of the Digital Program product team through our Professional Guidance program. Conduct 360 performance reviews, analyze individual OKRs (or similar) and assess promotion readiness to help each contributor evolve in their career.
- Ensure team mobilization by regularly gauging engagement and implementing appropriate means to create a transparent, collaborative and productive work environment. Establish a culture of delivering impact through ongoing learning, cross-functional collaboration, product management best practices, and industry-leading consulting skills.
- Act as an ambassador of the overall Digital Program product practice through various avenues (lunch-and-learns, Communities of Practice, external events)
- Ensure retention and staffing targets are being met.
- Identify current gaps within the team/department structure and work with Leadership on resourcing plans.
- Currently a product leader in a senior role
- 3+ years of general consulting and leading client engagements
- 2+ years experience in leadership across complex internal/external engagements and managing teams of professionals to successfully deliver complex projects
- 2+ years of experience working directly on strategic digital transformation programs, including building B2C mid-market and enterprise ecommerce products, architecture up.
- A strong understanding of ecommerce business, products, customers, industry & operations
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You are great at simplifying complexity
- You want to build an amazing working culture
- Strong communication written and verbal is a must
- A balance of accountability for results, team empathy, and customer empathy is a must
- Strong ability to think critically, problem-solve, derive solutions and prioritize
Benefits and Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated "Awesome time" (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you'll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with a global studio presence, we're working with the world's most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next-generation experiences. We're tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We're building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We're shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we're a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.