Select Real Estate - Strata Management Division is a fast-growing Strata Management company located in Chilliwack BC. Select is looking to hire a senior bookkeeper to help grow and lead the Strata Bookkeeping department.
We're now hiring a Senior Bookkeeper to join our growing team. If you're excited to be part of a fun and productive team, Select Real Estate is an excellent place to call home. Apply today!
Responsibilities for Bookkeeper
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as-needed basis
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes
- Prepare Strata Corporation Finacial Statements
- Work with Strata managers to ensure efficient workflow
- Respond to designated Strata Council information requests
Qualifications for Bookkeeper
- 3+ years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Sage, Microsoft Excel or other equivalent software systems
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
All employees are required to follow WorkSafe BC protocols. All customers are required to mask and employees are required to mask at all times except while working alone in their office.