This position will be located at:
Hours per week:
Number of Openings:
Non Union Employees
Oct 15, 2019, 5:33:12 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Nov 13, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
The Digital Health Plan:
Data, Analytics & Planning (DHP-DAP) project is a multi-year program to invest in Hamilton Health Science’s (HHS) data and analytics capabilities. Our skilled project team will build an advanced data repository, analytics and planning tools that provide timely access to accurate, high quality and relevant data for performance management and decision support.
This agile data architecture and integration project offers team members a fast paced, highly technical and team oriented project environment that will encounter all aspects of hospital activity and operations. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage and grown your skills and expertise in a sector looking to take a significant step toward enabling advanced healthcare analytics.
The position is full-time temporary for up to 2 years. At HHS there is always potential for full time permanent placement for an incumbent demonstrating leadership, adaptability, strong skills and dedication to success.
You are enthusiastic about data, and can envision how data can support decision making: enabling operational efficiency and improving patient outcomes. You are an outgoing communicator and adapt seamlessly to the different needs of stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including executives. You prefer a collaborative team environment: you share your knowledge and expertise freely. You actively support other team members in achieving project goals.
The Project Manager will complete assigned DHP-DAP projects within the constraints of schedule, capital budget/resources, and requirements, while achieving a high level of quality. You will prepare, maintain and regularly forecast and report progress against a comprehensive and realistic project plan. You will employ critical thinking and your knowledge of data-centric analytics projects to identify and quantify potential delays and risks, preferably before they occur. You will collaborate with all team members, contractors, vendors and stakeholders to identify and implement strategies to ensure the project tracks to plan and overcomes challenges.
If this sounds like you, Hamilton Health Sciences needs you!
The successful candidate will also:
- Create and deliver professional and compelling project artifacts (charters, reports, presentations).
- Delegate work or task project team members in keeping with approved project plan.
- Chair or facilitate engaging, efficient and effective meetings.
- Assist in planning, set-up, tear-down for key project related events.
- Provide leadership for quality assurance, education, roll-out and implementation activities.
- Effectively communicate expectations, milestones and success criteria to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Conduct a project postmortem and create recommendations for improved project success in the future.
- Monitor expenditures and regularly report actuals vs. budget.
- Identify and negotiate (managers/directors, vendors and partners) for access to resources in a timely manner.
- Participate in formal procurements and hiring.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and share knowledge with project team members.
- Establish, build and grow relationships (internal / external) that are important to project success.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Work, outside of normal hours, may be required occasionally where circumstances dictate.
1. Expert knowledge of PMBOK and Project Management methodologies (PMP designation complete/in progress).
2. Demonstrated skills planning, coordinating and managing projects (3+ years experience required).
3. Experience managing data-centric projects will be considered a strong asset.
4. Exceptional skills as a leader, managing the activities of highly technical staff in a project environment (3+ years required).
5. Strong communication skills (English, written, spoken, presentation, required).
6. Adaptable in communication style to the needs of different audiences (front-line through to executive).
7. A remarkable ability to build relationships, within the team, across functions and departments and with external partners.
8. Working knowledge of healthcare and healthcare data (1+ year, preferred).
9. Community college or better:
in exceptional cases, equivalent work experience may be accepted.
10. Advanced Proficiency in MS Office.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement