Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position is located in our North York (Toronto) location.
The Mac Technician role provides 2nd level support via incoming calls, resolving the referred incidents or service requests. This position will assist in the growing of Ceridian’s Mac offering via tried tested and true standardization methodologies and best practices. The incumbent will be required to provide escalated IT support from a network, telephony, hardware and OS perspective as well.
- Experience with Jamf, Casper or other MDM management solutions geared at Apple Workstations
- Methodical desktop troubleshooting
- Provides professional end-user support for users of computer applications and hardware (e.g. PCs, network, OS)
- Logs incident/trouble calls and emails into our Service Now ticketing system
- Receive escalated support issues for resolution
- Assist in other IT related areas as needed
- Assist with IT Asset Management and inventory
- Answers questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Drive the expansion of MacOS devices within the organization
- Assist with standardization of Mac devices
- College Diploma Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 5+ years in desktop/service desk support role
- Certified Mac technician (ACMT)
- Strong understanding of Mac best practices and fundamentals
- Experience using and supporting Active Directory
- Familiarity with security related technologies – malware, anti-virus
- Basic network knowledge and experience
- Self-motivated to provide exceptional end user experience a must
- Able to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Experience with various telephony technologies (Cisco, Avaya, Office365)
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.