Join our team! With over 750 employees and 14 facilities in 3 countries, CWI is drawing on innovation as a market leader in the production of specialty wires and wire products.
CWI is committed to providing the best in customer service and continues to bring in talented people who want to grow with the business. We offer competitive wages and a range of employee benefits. We support training and professional development while investing in a wide variety of programs.
CWI is looking for a Welder/Fabricator to work in the Maintenance Department at our Perth, Ontario location.
A Welder/Fabricator is responsible for carrying out welding/fabrication tasks to a high standard as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that safety policies, housekeeping rules and guidelines, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Fabrication of Mild steel and Stainless steel components as required ensuring that the highest standards in finish and tolerances, in accordance with information supplied, are achieved using sound “trade” methods.
- Weld components and framework using a variety of welding processes.
- Communicate with design team and give input into new designs.
- Grind, sand, polish and detail fabrications to required finish using hand and power tools to a high standard.
- Measure and examine completed work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Maintains tools, gauges and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Ensure personal career development with attendance at appropriate educational courses and training organizations.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with provincial standards and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Time management
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Strong commitment to Team environment
- Enforcing laws, rules and regulations
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs frequently
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs occasionally
- Continuous standing
- Use of hands and feet to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, controls, press buttons, levers and pedals
- Bending, twisting and reaching
- Repetitive movement
- Frequent walking
- Wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, gloves and any other protective equipment deemed necessary.
- Work indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Work in hot conditions or cold temperatures
- Exposure to sounds and noise levels that can be distracting or uncomfortable
- Exposure to minor cuts or burns
- Exposure to contaminants
- Exposure to hazardous equipment * Work with others in a group or team
- Call-ins will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Travel may be required.
If you are interested in becoming part of the CWI team, please submit your cover letter and résumé.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known in their cover letter. If you require further information or assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at 613-326-3006.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will only be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Job Type: Full-time