Jr. Research Coordinator
Job Number: 91066
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: David Braley Research Bldg
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 27.8300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 35.6800
Post Date: Sep 23, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External
: Sep 30, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
The Population Health Research Institute (PHRI), a joint institute of Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, with over 300 employees working directly with 49 researchers. PHRI conducts clinical research internationally in 101 countries and is a world leader in large, global health and population and health outcomes research. Our capacity to conduct multiple international studies concurrently, with tens of thousands of participants in each, is a capability very few organizations in the world can match.
1. Responsibilities include overseeing the collection, entry, verification, management, tracking, and reporting of data and other documents related to study management
2. Create data collection forms, error checking methods and related programmes for efficient collection, analysis and reporting;
3. Troubleshoot computer problems;
4. Prepare required study documentation/updates and other required tools for the project;
5. Liaise with study centre personnel, study committee members and other related study personnel;
6. Ensure relevant clinical and research methodology is applied, and proper handling of all clinical research material is used;
7. Train and supervise data clerks and other study staff in the processing of study data (i.e. data entry);
8. Assist with preparations of scientific papers, abstracts and graphs;
9. Perform literature searches.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours/week,
This position is temporary until 2022-10-04.
1. Bachelor Degree or higher in health related field or previous clinical trial experience in a similar capacity
2. Ability to work independently, excellent communication (both oral and written) and problem solving skills, and ability to work flexible hours .
3. Proficiency in MS Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
4. Previous experience in cardiovascular clinical trials an asset.
5. Experience with Framemaker and DataFax or similar data management software an asset
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement