We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
As a Data Quality Analyst within the Master Data team, you will work directly with Softchoice leaders and business stakeholders to promote consistency, quality, integrity, and standardization of shared data across Softchoice. Your focus will be to implement data
quality monitoring and develop business metadata management capabilities. You will engage the Data Stewards to define and build business data quality rules, document business data definitions and recommend master data management process improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Engage Data Stewards and business stakeholders to capture data quality requirements.
- Implement automated data quality assessments against business rules using Azure Data Factory and Power BI.
- Investigate root causes of data integrity issues and recommend remediation approaches to Data Stewards.
- Support the implementation of Azure Purview for data governance, metadata management, and business glossary.
- Coordinate with data stakeholders to align on approved definitions for key business terms.
- Implement a change management process for approved business definitions.
- Develop data quality dashboards in PowerBI to report data quality metrics and trends.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong development experience in Azure Data Factory, PowerBI and ETL procedures.
- Hands-on experience building data quality checks and writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of data quality monitoring procedures.
- Solid knowledge of data governance, metadata management principles and data definitions.
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical thinking.
- 3+ years of related experience in data quality management, data analysis and data governance.
- A post-secondary Degree or Diploma.
Why people love working here:
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 16 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview and employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to email@example.com. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all candidates and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education and check your references.:
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don’t worry. It’s quick, simple and you’ll be connected with your new team in no time.