The Logistics & Inventory Coordinator is accountable to facilitate the receiving and storing, moving and shipping of supplies, stock and materials, effectively managing the timely flow of order processing.
1. Process Orders, Assist in Planning and Implementation of Delivery Schedules
3. Provide Customers with Exceptional Service
4. QHSE Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 Process Orders, Assist in Planning and Implementation of Delivery Schedules
1.0 Receive client orders and process into ERP system ensuring correct prices and discounts are applied.
1.1 Preparation of Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Customs docs, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Picking slips, Bills of Lading and any other associated documentation to ensure business/operations continuity
1.2 Process Sales Orders in ERP system to ensuring transport and connote details are correctly entered.
1.3 Liaise with suppliers, Technical Staff & customers
1.4 Ensure the client and sales staff are aware of delivery status.
1.5 Coordinate delivery, pickup, distribution of inventory/stocks
1.6 Review client back orders on a regular basis and highlight shortages to the appropriate distribution and production staff.
1.7 Advise appropriate personnel of client detail changes so that ERP system can be updates.
1.8 Liaison with third party trucking vendors to coordinate shipment of materials
2.0 Must be able to communicate effectively; involves liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments.
2.1 Organizing budgets and courier expenses.
2.2 Quality assurance checks are completed and maintained.
2.3 May assist clients with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
2.4 Responsible for monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
2.5 Commercial Invoices and BOL for Domestic and International
3 Provide Customers with Exceptional Service
3.0 Respond to claims and ensure timely execution
3.1 Monitor and ensure shipment schedule requirements are met
3.2 Gather regular quantitative and qualitative feedback for continuous improvement.
3.3 Confirm all marking and packaging requirements have been completed prior to dispatch
3.4 Build customer relationships and manage customers' expectations through regular correspondence exchange.
KEY ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
· Education: A minimum of completion of secondary school is required with additional education preferred, with ability to read and comprehend technical data; must have aptitude for mechanical principles and math.
· Experience in inventory and logistics, local regulations with demonstrated knowledge in those areas
· Computer literacy in ERP systems and Microsoft Applications
· Excellent phone skills and manners
· Daily assignments of drivers and truck fleet including dispatch, routing, equipment planning and utilization
· Arrange outbound and inbound loads to optimize efficiency and profit
· Maintain office reports and establish and maintain files
· Present oneself in a professional manner at all times
· Fluency in English and French desired
Job Type: Full-time