Who We are:
Progressa is Canada's only 'Direct-Pay' lender focused solely on non-prime and near-prime consumers. Our online technology platform allows us to provide our customers with a seamless borrowing experience, and our data-driven underwriting approach allows us to work through complex financial situations in 15 minutes or less. We believe Direct-Pay lending is important in light of the growing household debt figures in Canada. By paying bills directly for our customers, we provide peace of mind and an avenue to begin to reduce their debt load and rebuild their credit rather than creating additional financial strain.
Reporting to the Director of Risk, the Senior Analyst will be responsible to produce insightful reports, dashboards, and KPIs to enable educated and strategic decision-making by Senior Management. Having a consultant mindset, you will partner and collaborate with stakeholders across the business to source requirements and translate the business needs into analytic and data reporting strategies that are designed to drive growth and transform Progressa into a data driven organization.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure stakeholders have the most accurate, clean and timely information to enable informed and data driven decision making
- Using a blueprinting approach, gather business requirements to build and develop data queries, analytic programs and design dashboards to deliver meaningful solutions
- Optimize the BI platforms by determining how best to use existing data analytics, architecture, and technology, and provide insight on areas of opportunity; manage migrations to new platforms ensuring data quality and integrity
- Act as a liaison between Finance, Technology and Risk Departments, to ensure clear communication and expectations are defined and met
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior analysts in best practices in Business Intelligence and Risk practices.
- Responsible for leading and supporting the ETL load process into the data warehouse
- Forecast, track and measure key business metrics including loss rates, approval rates, loan conversion rates, and credit quality
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Credit Strategy, provide guidance on data governance, data quality and master data management best practices.
- Ensure all data privacy and protection processes are adhered too and document approvals for specified data fields when requested.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Co-lead the usage of Machine Learning models in risk strategies by means of developing and implementing challenger strategies
- Collaborate with internal partners in Model Development, Model Validation and Enterprise Data & Analytics to oversee the development and implementation of ML models
- Demonstrate strong governance and control and risk management behaviour in alignment with Progressa policies and practices
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Management or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in BI solutions including architecture, design, and development of Data Marts & CUBEs, reporting models.
- A consultant mindset, strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, business communication and project management skills.
- High independence level, and proven ability to drive initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage end-to-end process from requirements gathering, scoping analysis, mock generation, quality control to final delivery.
- Comfortable driving changes in an entrepreneurial organization using best practice change management initiatives.
- Hands-on experience of using data query languages and tools (SQL, Tableau, SAS, Python, etc.) to create dashboard reports.
- Solid experience with SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL and executing ETL
- Highly skilled at building and developing dashboards
- Deep understanding of dimensional data modeling, including OLAP/OLTP, star schemas, snowflake schemas, and entity relationship (ER) modeling.
- Data platform experience with Hortonworks Hadoop or AWS Cloud Ecosystem (S3, EMR, RedShift) is an asset.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada.
- Previous reporting experience in the financial services industry with an understanding of basic lending industry KPIs considered an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter including your salary expectation.
Who You Are:
- Customer Focused: You are committed to meeting the needs of customers by offering a fair and transparent service
- Human: You respect and care about your colleagues, customers and communities, which is demonstrated by being inclusive, compassionate and kind
- Integrity: You are honest, reliable and trustworthy who will do the right thing, even when nobody's looking
- Excellence: You strive to be the best and have an obligation to manage our resources wisely to ensure continued growth for the business
- Fun: You encourage teamwork, friendship and enthusiasm while maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
What We Offer:
- Group benefits (Life, AD&D, Extended Health & Dental, and Travel Insurance)
- A collaborative team environment
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Fun social events
As a fintech company, Progressa is responsible for highly sensitive information. Please note that any job offer will be conditional upon the completion of a satisfactory background check including, but not limited to, criminal, credit and employment reference checks.
Progressa welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- BI solutions: 5 years (required)