Requisition ID: 82708
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Director, North American Business Payment Product you will be leading a high-performance team of 13 payment professionals. You will be responsible for the direction, profitability, oversight and strategic management of Scotiabank’s portfolio of Canadian and US payment, collection and reporting products that are delivered to corporate, commercial and small business customers. You are innovative, strategic, and passionate about optimizing client experiences, implementing operational efficiencies, mitigating risk and maximizing business value.
What will you do?
1. Lead and drive a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
2. Strategic Development - Develop and executes new innovative strategies that expand the Payment Efficiency Solution portfolio into adjacent markets and new sectors, by identifying emerging industry trends, customer needs, key market segments, new geographies and developing technologies.
3. Product Delivery - Within a strategic and high performing lab environment, you will manage several Product Owners, ensuring focus is on achieving the business value and enhancing functionality for payment products. While also maintaining accountability ensuring product back-logs and delivery schedules are aligned to the strategic direction.
4. Product Operations and Commercialization – Ensure that products are competitively positioned, profitability is maximized, and existing and future customer needs are met. Manage financial, regulatory and credit risks by recommending and implementing courses of action to mitigate any exposures to the Bank. In addition, you will be responsible for the full product management cycle, all marketing campaigns targeted to business markets within an assigned portfolio, field support and technical expertise.
5. Leadership - Provide strong team leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance. Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement. Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team
6. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
7. Create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of your respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
8. Build a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates your team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
You have 5 - 10 years experience in the development and management of banking products and portfolios
You have in-depth understanding of the North American payments market place and regulatory environment; government/payment associations' political direction with knowledge of a wide range of business, regulatory, technical and political issues that are often multi-level and complex in nature.
You have experience with Agile Delivery and the role of a product owner
You have in-depth understanding of delivery networks of financial products and services within the context of the Bank's sales and service strategies across the various delivery channels.
You have strong business sense with knowledge of financial concepts and the ability to apply them to business situations.
You have strong negotiating skills with experience in deal structuring as responsibilities include negotiating on behalf of the Bank with other sophisticated entities.
You have a broad understanding of the range of products, policies and delivery capabilities by Scotiabank as this position is highly focused on the enterprise-wide business and regulatory mandates
You have strong understanding of the effect that change, or new products, systems and regulatory requirements will have on existing operations and client offerings.
You have excellent written & oral communication skills are required to deliver strong business-focused plans, presentations and the negotiation of deals.
You are strategic and pragmatic thinking to devise/develop business and risk management plans, develop and negotiate long-term vision and direction of the North American payment portfolio
You have strong decision making, forward-thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences. You make difficult decisions in pursuing the development of a well-conceptualized defined strategic agenda.
You are results-oriented and innovative in identifying and pursuing opportunities to leverage capabilities to increase revenues, decrease costs and mitigate risks.
You have consensus building and strong interpersonal skills to be applied across all functional levels and represent the Bank's public "face" to partnerships, government, various associations, segments & groups and to establish excellent working relationships.
You have leadership skills to motivate diverse teams to achieve results in a multi-faceted environment.
You have a bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
What's in it for you?
You will work in the Payments space which is dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and always changing
You get global exposure and work with the entire enterprise
We have a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
You get access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.