Our second-generation company has been an innovator and leader in the sampling industry for over 55 years. Dominion Sample (a SI division) produces sampling tools for the following industries: wall covering, window treatments, flooring, apparel, trimmings, textiles, automotive, marine, outdoor fabrics and upholstery.
Experienced artisans create sampling books, binders, or slip cases that are cost-effective, artistically compelling and functional. Our state-of-the-art facility, featuring automated machinery, allows us to create and produce elegant and serviceable swatch books, fabric binders and display materials with speed and precision.
The Quotations Specialist / Estimator supports the day-to-day requests from customer service and is responsible for proposing the best possible solution of Dominion’s products, equipment, and systems.
We create value for our customers by owning all pre-sales inquiries for the division and we follow-up with the help of customer service on our quotations to see if we have won the order.
- Prepares quotations and provide assistance for pricing within mandated timeframe;
- Product suggestions, technical support and competitive cross references;
- Quotes all new jobs that are asked for and determines if specifications are achievable;
- Maintains his/her technical knowledge on product lines;
- Reviews the use of all new technology and uses design to increase efficiency;
- Tracks pending submissions with Sales Manager and/or Customer Service to determine their status;
- Advises Sales Managers of market price trends and other information as it becomes available;
- Assists in post-mortem meetings after events, and addresses to-do list items;
- Offers weekly report on activities to superior;
- Participates in special projects
- Education: A bachelor's degree in engineering, logistics, or operations is required;
- 2 to 5 years experience in a bidding / selling position;\
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high attention to detail;Ability to follow procedures and methodology and make suggestions for improvements;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) & Salesforce; ability to learn new systems, and organize significant amounts of information in a professional manner is preferred;
- An understanding of vendor relationships;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with or contribute to a work group or team to complete assigned task(s)
- Communication Skills: Bilingual verbal, written, and presentation skills are required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical skills, and strong ability to communicate;
- Is eager to facilitate a cross-departmental inclusive approach;
- Likes to organize & ensure that documentation exists;
- High energy, with the ability to work as part of a team or independently;
- Must be able to Travel 30%+ both domestic and internationally;
- Must own a vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- in a bidding / selling position: 2 years (Preferred)