A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury service.
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
The Maintenance Attendant is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. They will maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment. This role is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility property and equipment according to safety and preventative maintenance systems and processes. This role is also responsible for multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain facilities and equipment
- Provide emergency or unscheduled repairs to facilities and equipment
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform maintenance and service
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report to leaders
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required
- Perform minor construction work, including but not limited to dismantling and erecting walls, finish carpentry work and pouring concrete
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Troubleshoot, install and repair plumbing fixtures, piping and related equipment
- Perform necessary work to open clogged sewer lines
- Maintain an adequate supply of hot water at the correct temperature
- Perform mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, including circulating pumps, air handling systems and refrigeration
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust accordingly
- Operate light automotive or power equipment, work with tools, ladders and maintenance supplies as directed
- Run errands, pick up and deliver supplies, equipment and materials as needed
- Report accidents, vandalism, thefts and unsafe conditions
- Complete all daily maintenance requests and report any unfinished work to leader
- Inspect all equipment for proper functioning on a regular basis
- Support facility maintenance inspection processes and forward feedback to leader
- Completion of homeowner requested upgrades or repairs
- Operation of elevated work platforms and forklifts
- Must wear protective safety equipment, including steel toed boots, belted pants, and proper identification
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years’ experience in a maintenance or general labour position
- Formal maintenance training or trade certification an asset
- Knowledge of the materials, equipment, tools and techniques of standard building trades
- Knowledge of applicable safety precaution
- Ability to use common hand tools, operate machinery and equipment
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience property maintenance software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- May encounter obnoxious smells
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals
- May encounter excessive noise from equipment
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments throughout the year
- Work environment is near water
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.