Cargill is hiring for full time Meat Cutter-Retail/Wholesale to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes south of Calgary in High River Alberta. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
472 Ave & Highway 2A North
High River Alberta, T1V 1P4
Apply online: https://careers.cargill.com/highriver-ab
40.00 Hours / Week
There are two shifts:
1st shift starts at 7:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm with one coffee break and one lunch break
2nd shift starts at 4:pm to approximately 1:00 am with one coffee break and one lunch break
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is paid at time and a half.
Career Level: Experienced
Meat processing and packing plant
Wage Range is $21.25 up to $23.50 as per the collective bargaining agreement
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (1+ years of experience) is $21.25
Starting rate for entry level (less than 1 year of experience) is $19.55
as per the collective bargaining agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
· Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
of meats using knives;
· Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications;
· Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety
requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
· Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
· Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
· Training for junior employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
· Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
· High School education
· 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
· Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
· Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
· Commitment to safety and quality processes
· Attention to detail and work well with others
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
· Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
· Reliability/ Dependability
· Basic English communication skills
· Able to work in fast paced environment
· Must pass a Company Medical Examination
· Must pass a Criminal Background Check
· Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.25-$23.50 per hour
Mandatory wearing supplied mask, barriers are in place, enforcing social distancing, hand sanitizers are available throughout the mail hallways, cafeterias. Contractors are hired to disinfect the throughout the facility.