Not just a job opportunity; A career with purpose!
Are you looking for the chance to grow your current skill set while building a series of new ones? Do you want to be part of not just a team, but a group of proactive, inclusive people that celebrate learning and diversity, every step of the way? Acden is continuously searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our ‘family’ and we want to know what inspires you.
Systems and Network Administrator Specialist
Competition #: AH-2019-042
Acden Holdings is currently accepting applications for one (1) Systems and Network Administrator Specialist to support its corporate Information Technology (IT) department. The position will be primarily based out of the Acden Head Office, located at 220 Taiganova Crescent, Fort McMurray, Alberta. This position will consist Monday to Friday; between 8:00am and 4:30pm, with one Saturday every month working approximately four (4) hours. Please Note: hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational, client and training requirements.
This is a local position to the Fort McMurray, Alberta region.
The Systems and Network Administrator Specialist is responsible for the overall maintenance, health and security of the entire Acden IT ecosystem. Working with the IT Manager and IT Support personnel, this position requires broad knowledge and experience as a subject matter expert in most areas of Information Technology. This position requires the Systems and Network Administrator Specialist to have the ability to deliver and implement enterprise solutions, directly with or through consultancy with 3rd party vendor specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of corporate IT systems, ranging from desktops, servers, networking, storage, and mobile devices.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot virtual technologies in use and cloud systems.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot backup solutions, Disaster Recovery solutions, remote connectivity and security solutions including firewall management including network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Be a strong source of knowledge and provide training for IT Personnel and Acden employees.
- Work directly with the IT Manager, research and suggest resolutions or new solutions to any system with identified weaknesses or shortcomings.
- Design, configure, and test computer Hardware, Networking Software and Operating system software.
- Working with the IT Director, participate in contract negotiation, vendor management, project business case proposals, scope of work identification, IT purchasing and procurement.
- Willingness to work in any role in an IT Support group
- Provide regular task status updates to the IT Manager and IT Director.
- Engage in IT procurement systems and processes.
- Enter all issues/tasks assigned into the Issue Tracking System and keep status up to date.
- Practice effective communication to user community.
- Share knowledge of areas of expertise with other members of the team.
- Ensure all solutions are documented based on Acden IT Standards.
- Refer complex issues to IT Manager or other team members, as required.
- Troubleshoot information Technology systems and processes; including critical thinking and research different methods of resolution.
- Influence present and future services by determining and evaluating current and future technological trends.
- Communicate and collaborate with other IT personnel to proactively solve problems.
- Determine cost effectiveness through contract negotiations with vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Engineering or related technical discipline and/or:
- Poses any or all of the following valid accreditations:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) / Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or
- Any other equivalent IT certifications
- 10 years’ experience within an IT Support role.
- 5 years’ experience with Networking Operations and Administration.
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Server Technologies.
- 5 years’ experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- 5 years’ experience with Systems Administrations.
- 2 years’ experience with Enterprise Security Technologies.
- Extensive hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive mobility device setup, management and administration experience.
- Strong networking knowledge and experience:
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN),
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP),
- Wireless Networks, Network printing and devices,
- Domain Networking and Domain Controllers
- Experience with IT contract negotiations and preparing IT business proposals to senior executives.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 support.
- Experience using virtualization technologies will be considered a strong asset.
- Microsoft Server administration and maintenance experience will be considered a strong asset.
- SQL Server administration and maintenance experience will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with structured cabling installation will be considered a strong asset.
- Strong communication and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently on simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and make actionable recommendations.
- Drug, Alcohol, and Audiometric pre-employment tests are required.
- Class 5 Licence with a clean five (5) year driver’s abstract (obtained within 30 days).
- Ability to provide proof of credentials prior to the interview stage.
- Eligible to work on all oil sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Additional Incentives and Compensation:
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) Contribution.
- Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long term disability and life insurance.)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $105,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Server Technologies: 5 years (Required)
- IT Support: 10 years (Required)
- hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Enterprise Security Technologies: 5 years (Required)
- IT contract negotiations and preparing IT business proposals: 1 year (Preferred)
- Systems Administrations: 5 years (Required)
- mobility device setup, management and administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Virtualization Technologies: 5 years (Required)
- SQL Server administration and maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Networking Operations and Administration: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Clean driver's abstract (min. 5 years) (Required)
- Eligible to work on all oilsands site within RMWB (Required)
- Valid MCSA or MCSE (Preferred)
- Valid minimum Class 5 Licence (Required)
- CCNA or CCNP (Preferred)
- (If applicable) Are you willing to relocate to Fort McMurray (Preferred)