Flair Airlines is Canada’s only independent low fare airline. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our mission is to change the lives of Canadians by making air travel truly affordable and getting them off their couches, out of their cars and into the air! As important as our low fares are, we also recognize that our real product is our people – it’s the way we treat our customers on each and every flight that sets us apart from “those other airlines” and keeps them coming back.
We are seeking strong team members who will help drive the airline’s expansion. Flair currently has a fleet of four Boeing 737-400s and has recently introduced two Boeing 737-800NGs, with plans to add additional 737-800NGs to the fleet this summer and into next year. This spring, Flair became the first airline in North America to become officially autism-aware certified through Autism Double-Checked. Our flight crews completed certification training to recognize and cater to the needs of families that have children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
To provide direction and supervision to a team of technicians, in support of the Line Maintenance Operations. This position is responsible for ensuring that the aircraft are maintained in a manner that is consistent with the Maintenance Control Manual (MCM) and Transport Canada requirements.
Primary Job Functions:
- Monitor performance of line maintenance providers and provide feedback / corrective action for performance improvement;
- Assist with set-up and growth of Flair line maintenance station;
- Identify and report internal (Flair) and external (vendor) issues and submit using SMS;
- Participate in daily maintenance status and planning meetings;
- Keep contracts in force and amend contracts based upon operational requirements;
- Maintain relationship with vendors through regular communication;
- Perform ad-hoc auditing of vendors while on site;
- Approve vendor invoices;
- Make recommendations regarding tooling and parts across the network;
- Fill in for maintenance control as required;
- Fill in as maintenance on-site rep as required;
- Recommend changes to line maintenance procedures to improve efficiency / compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Operations Manager;
- Act as focal point during AOG’s/IROPS;
- Approve direct report timecards and manage vacation coverage;
- Work with Maintenance control to ensure scheduled maintenance is completed on time and correctly;
- Perform aircraft maintenance on an exceptional basis; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Company from time to time.
Safety Duties, Accountabilities, Authorities and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Report proactive and reactive safety issues;
- Conduct assigned tasks and corrective actions;
- Demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety and actively participate in the company’s SMS program;
- Verify corrective action plans to evaluate effectiveness; and
- Maintain familiarity with CARS as it pertains to commercial operations and maintenance requirements.
- Hold a valid M2 or E Transport Canada AME license with NG endorsement;
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft;
- Possess a good knowledge of the Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs);
- Able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) without restrictions.
- Be computer literate with MRO and office software;
- Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities;
- Display complete technical understanding of aircraft systems/trouble shooting procedures with the ability to convey the information effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Applying thorough understanding of systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics - on multiple aircraft; and
- Signing off on own work and the work of others where endorsed.
- Possess a proactive mentality with excellent communication skills; and
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.
Required Competencies for all Flair Airlines Team Members!
All Flair Airlines team members aim to demonstrate the motivation to work hard, be successful, achieve difficult goals and complete challenging tasks.
We are looking for people who promote teamwork, cooperation and identification within the work group., and who can collaborate with other areas within the Company.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
We need team members who build relationships based on integrity and trust. It’s not just what you say, it’s what you do!
Flair team members will effectively cope with change and be able to make decisions sometimes without all the information. You need to be comfortable with a changing set of circumstances and be able to adjust accordingly.
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate phone inquiries.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program and a staff travel program.