At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Support Services this position is responsible for ensuring program standards are met for the provision of therapeutic recreation programs and activities of daily living supports. This includes providing direction and support to staff teams, ensuring high quality customer service, and providing person centered care and services for clients and families.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary education at a university level or community college in Recreation or Gerontology with three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in planning and implementing therapeutic recreation programs with seniors and adults with physical needs as well as Alzheimer’s and related dementias. Effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Experience working in a community setting is an asset. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment in a leadership role, with experience directing staff and supervising volunteers and students. Proficiency in computer software applications, knowledge of Point Click Care, RAI Assessments and Accreditation are assets. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past twelve (12) months) by the first day of employment. Must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the position. Flexibility in working hours will be required.
- Manages client intake, assessments wait lists and suitability for programs ensuring confidentiality.
- Conducts client and RAI CHA assessments as required.
- Completes documentation including; assessments, audits, statistics, staff schedules, progress notes and risk management reporting.
- Develops, implements, coordinates and evaluates therapeutic recreational programs including best practices.
- Coordinates care plans to support client activities of daily living needs and program needs.
- Provides support, guidance and referrals to clients and their caregivers.
- Directs, mentors and coaches staff in their daily routines.
- Coordinates volunteer support and provides supervision, guidance and direction to students and volunteers.
- Provides excellent customer service in a team environment, communicating effectively with clients, families & staff and works collaboratively with all partners.
- Plans and facilitates special events, including appreciation and fundraising events and coordinated programs and events with Long Term Care.
- Develops and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Implements, monitors, and adheres to Corporate and Day Program policies and procedures.
- Purchases and tracks expenditures of program supplies within budget limits.
- Collaborates and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follows safe lifting and all health and safety procedures, ensuring client and staff safety and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
July 03, 2020
July 17, 2020
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.