Join our team at our new Mississauga location!
Reporting to the Group Fitness Manager, the Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for providing best in class fitness instruction, knowledge, coaching and motivation to Club members to help them achieve their personal fitness goals. The Group Fitness Instructor promotes exceptional customer service practices throughout the Club and strives to continuously improving the Group Fitness service offering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional Group Fitness classes, programs and service to meet the diverse needs of new and existing clients. Builds and sustains relationships with new and existing Club members.
- Responsible for ensuring that group fitness training methods and techniques conform to standardized Club training practices.
- Instructs challenging, enthusiastic, motivating, fun group fitness classes for members of all fitness levels.
- Provides reliable Group Fitness class instruction by ensuring that class’s start and end on time, and all classes are covered consistently.
- Responsible for creating a fun and welcoming environment for all members, regardless of fitness level.
- Proactively offers exercise tips, training and advice to Club members to build profile and services of Group Fitness department.
- Proactively addresses any member concerns or issues related to Group Fitness classes and/or escalates them to the Group Fitness Coordinator for resolution.
- Proactively seeks out feedback (positive and constructive) from Group Fitness class participants and shares feedback with Group Fitness Coordinator with a view to continuously improving Group Fitness classes, programs and activities.
- Acts as an Ambassador for Group Fitness classes, programs and activities to increase participation and attendance.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of and promotes Movati Athletic’s programs, products and services to Club Members.
- Stays current on group fitness and nutrition, techniques and competitor industry standards, to enhance performance. Accountable for maintaining and upgrading certifications to provide highest level of service to clients.
- Completes all administrative paperwork and tasks accurately, diligently and promptly.
- Participates and contributes to Group Fitness team meetings to enhance performance.
- Consistently adheres to all policies and procedures, strives to continuously improve Group Fitness program and fosters a culture that encourages proactivity and accountability.
- Develops and maintains credible, effective, professional working relationships with employees, and the community.
- Responsible for ensuring that all studios and work areas are clean, organized and that all Group Fitness Instruction equipment (including stereo components and voice microphones) is properly maintained.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required. One nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification is required. Additional certifications to teach specialized classes, special populations such as seniors, pre-/post-natal and adapted fitness are an asset.
- 1 + years related Group Fitness instruction experience required leading Yoga, Step, Pilates, Spin, Boxing, Strength & Cardio, Dance, Core & Tone classes.
- Successful completion of a nationally recognized Fitness Instruction Specialist Certification is required. Successful completion of additional health and nutrition certification programs an asset.
- Related industry experience is an asset (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
We can't wait to meet you!
Job Type: Part-time
- Group Fitness instruction: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Group Exercise (Required)