Job Title: Technical Service Associate
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8a.m. to 5p.m.
The Technical Service Associate is expected to lead by initiative the Technical scope of Beans And Grind’s operations. This is to include, but not be limited to, the oversight and management of Equipment, Parts, Tools, Inventory, Installations / removals, Site Visits & Service Calls, New Business assessment, Preventative Maintenance schedules and execution, Bench Testing, Refurbishment, Filters / Filtration & gas schedule management and service, Training scheduling and delivery, Service Area & Warehousing.
- Prepare equipment for installation – preparation includes: Bench Testing, Asset assignment, cleaning all equipment parts, programming, test brew for temperature, volume, and extraction. Deliver and install to assigned site.
- Ensuring cleanliness, and organization of work area; service, warehouse, or client site.
- When requested visit client sites prior to installation to ensure necessary utility, space, and fixture is available for installation.
- Recommend appropriate technical, tool, and equipment requirements in house and as related to installation specifications.
- Respond to Service Calls according to service promise and standards.
- Repair equipment thoroughly and efficiently on the bench and at client locations and installations.
- Provide preventative maintenance check in all service interactions both in house, on the bench, and at client locations and installations.
- Ensure the cleanliness, safety, and security of the service area / warehouse and service vehicle.
- Keep parts on hand and to par both in house and on the service vehicle.
- Emergency situations may require after hours or weekend work.
- Minimum 1year experience with mechanical or electrical skills
- For installation purposes only, knowledge of plumbing connections
- Must poses a valid drivers license specific to the provincial requirements and have an excellent driving record.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work independently.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION:
This position offers variety and the ability to work independently. Individuals will be interacting with various clients and have the opportunity to visit many different corporations. The position allows individuals to strengthen their customer service, sales, and problem solving skills.
CHALLENGES OF THE POSITION:
As driving is required, this position can be challenging in various weather conditions. It requires heavy lifting of equipment, which can cause some fatigue. This position can also be challenging when dealing with demanding / complaining customers. At times individuals are required to be on call which may restrict their schedules.
Company orientation is provided upon commencing employment. Your immediate Manager will establish a formal training schedule. On the job training is offered and available. Seminars provided by suppliers; Cafection, Flavia, Newco, Ion, BUNN, Real Cup, Bellucci, and Newco.
For the employees that exceed expectations and where positions are available the position can be promoted to Technical Service Manager or Customer Service Manager. Employees interested in open positions must participate in Beans And Grind’s internal recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year