Who We Are
Olympic Industries ULC is a leading international forest products trading company with annual revenue exceeding $500 million. Our expertise includes importing/exporting, manufacturing, and wholesale distribution of lumber.
Established in 1972, we have a strong record of success and a clear vision for our industry's sustainable future. Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant and breathtaking Lonsdale Quay.
Olympic Industries is currently searching for a highly motivated and passionate Logistics Coordinator to join our growth-oriented team!
Working closely with the Traders, the Logistics Coordinator contributes to Olympic Industries' success by seamlessly supporting the company's logistic by maintaining a constant up-to-date knowledge of transportation markets to move loads in the most cost effective manner while maintaining long-term vendor relationships.
1.Support the overland freight logistics operations function of the company:
- Managing the timely movement of all trucks sold at market rates.
- Communicating market trends and spot rates to Traders' on an hourly/daily basis.
- Recommending optimal transportation routes to Traders.
- Collaborating with Traders to resolve challenges in the distribution of forest products.
- Identifying inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities to support improvement initiatives.
- Preparing and updating reports and other logistics-related documentation.
- Adhering to management guidelines and moving late loads on time.
- Ensuring compliance with import/export/customs regulations and other legal requirements.
2. Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with key Trucking Vendors such as Asset-based Carriers and Brokers:
- Discovering markets and transact truck rates through keeping a constant up-to-date knowledge of the markets.
- Negotiating freight rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Identifying additional capacity for expanding trading business.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Degree or Diploma in a related program such as Business or equivalent experience considered an asset.
- Background in forestry or lumber is considered an asset.
- High-energy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to go above and beyond in a professional environment.
- A high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with good judgement and discretion, keeping sensitive business data secure.
Why Join Us?
- Work hard, play hard company culture.
- Employee stock ownership plan.
- RRSP Contribution Plan.
- On-site gym and showers.
- On-site kitchen.
- Extended health benefits.
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Employee assistance and scholarship programs.
- Easy access to the mountains and oceans.
For more information on Olympic Industries, please visit our website at www.olympicind.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At Olympic Industries, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7M 3J3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- logistics: 1 year (preferred)