Under the limited supervision of the Manager, Continuing Studies Operations, this position is responsible for assisting with the general administration and support of the specific government contract. This position provides clerical support relative to this contract including completing course registrations; answering queries regarding the program from the external community; providing financial support including the preparation and maintenance of databases, as well as statistical information and reports. This position performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, plus up to and including one year related post-secondary training (eg. Office Administration). Over 1 year and up to and including 2 years experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint (in particular database use).
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts, while maintaining positive interpersonal relationships as well as confidentiality
- Flexible and able to manage a high work volume and conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines
(Banner and Ironpoint proficiency would be beneficial.)
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Student & Service Focus
- Integrity & Accountability
Job Specific Competencies
- Attention to Detail
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating
Desired Start Date 11/04/2019
Position End Date (if temporary) 06/12/2020
14 hours per week
Schedule to be determined
(7 hours per week from March 23 – May 29, 2020)
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate $21.40 - $24.44/hour
Appointment Type Support - Non-Regular Part-time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Employee Group Support