The Maintenance Technician takes pride in caring for the health and wellbeing of the entire facility. They maintain the technical operations of the complex and cleanliness to the required standards while ensuring a safe and friendly environment for all staff and guests.
To ensure that the building assets are secure, maintained and running smoothly, Maintenance Technicians perform a variety of tasks. They work in a hybrid environment that combines traditional office work with more hands-on work, throughout the building. As a member of the Joint Health & Safety team they ensure all building compliance and regulatory items are maintained.
They successfully execute the preventative maintenance schedule through a computerized maintenance management software. They focus on organizing, prioritizing and providing day-to-day assignment and direction to their team to ensure clean and safe maintenance of all club assets and equipment.
They oversee any and all outside service professional appointments and billing. They use the allocated budget to build and manage their departments schedule ensuring monthly/annual targets are achieved, while assisting as a coach and mentor to the Maintenance Technician and custodial team to ensure continual departmental improvements.
This job might be for you if you have the following talents & spirit:
- You’re Methodical: You don’t ‘eeny meeny miny moe’ things, you are methodical when making decisions
- You’re Accountable: You take responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; you follow through on commitments; you implements decisions that have been agreed upon; you acknowledge and learn from mistakes without blaming others; and you recognize the impact of one’s behaviour on others.
- You have communication superpowers: and are a good listener and speaker to help customers and employees understand your direction and recommendations.
- You’re Detail Oriented: You cross your T’s and dot your I’s by maintaining client records highly organized with flawless attention to detail. You’re not one to cut corners. You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You’re Efficient & Resourceful: You’re a skilled multi-tasker and can handle juggling various tasks with a smile on your face. You maximize your time by being highly efficient
- You’re Accountable: You thrive on achieving results. You see the bigger picture when handling day to day responsibilities.
- You’re Aware of Safety: You think you look cool wearing the safety glasses and sport them proudly. You’re conscious of safety practices and equipment. You place high value on workplace safety of self and others; maintains a clean environment. Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions; follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Supervisory/Leadership Skills: You can effectively direct the day-to-day activities of employees. You lead by example and are a role model to your colleagues and peers.
- Cool Under Pressure: You’re cool, calm and collected in pressured situations
- You’ve got the Physical Stamina: You’re on the ball, move at a fast pace and have great physical stamina as many of your working hours will be standing, bending, and moving, which requires good physical stamina
- You’ve got the badge: You’ve got the badge to prove your technical knowledge in the industry. You’re a total bookworm when it comes to learning product knowledge.
- You’re Cost Conscious: You’re a bargain hunter and you’ll count your pennies when making purchases
- You’re Motivated & Driven: You’re motivated and driven. You take initiative. You identify opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to resolve them. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
As a Maintenance Technician a typical day might include the following:
- A mountain of new work orders that need to be reviewed, delegated and completed
- Communication with the various teams about service disruptions
- Troubleshooting the microphone in the co-ed group fitness studio before the next class starts
- Checking the preventative maintenance calendar to ensure all items are on schedule
- Attending a joint health and safety meeting
- Creating a staff schedule while taking into consideration the special requests and time offs
- Completing the pool chemical checks and adjusting the chemicals accordingly
- Conducting interviews with the Operations Manager
To land this role you need to have;
- A university degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- Trade school training is an asset
- 3+ years facility operations experience
- Prior Plumbing, HVAC or Electrical experience is preferred with proficiency in at least 1 major area
- Proficient with the use of basic hand tools and various power tools
- Proficient with operations of a multimeter and ammeter
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification and prior knowledge of pool operations preferred
- Must hold valid driver’s license, auto insurance and demonstrated safe driving record.
- All team members must have current CPR/First Aid certification prior to start date and must be maintained throughout employment
- A recent Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of training and/or work.
Perks of this position include;
- Complimentary individual membership
- Maternity/Paternity top up
- Complete training and development package
- Working alongside great people in a culture that fosters empowerment
- Career-defining growth and development opportunities
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Altea Active. We want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is with us.
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this job advertisement is to provide you with a glimpse into the full responsibilities. It is not a complete explanation of duties, responsibilities or requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and believes in treating everyone fairly regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and upon request will provide accommodations to candidates taking part in the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Maintenance: 2 years (preferred)