This position is responsible for the F&B operations in hospital facilities. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for all aspects of the operation including: manages and coordinates the entire hospital operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house, service areas, catering, budgeting, financial management and weekly analysis, implementation and ongoing success of retail and marketing programs, The General Manager must be prepared to work week days and sometimes evenings and weekends.
- Manage client relations
- Relationship management with facility leadership team.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the business unit.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation, safety rules, regulations and statues
- Ensures managers are current and knowledgeable on all relevant facets of Health & Safety, WHIMS, and Accessibility for Manitoba Act, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Scheduling, Recruits, selects, trains, assigns, schedules, coaches, counsels and disciplines employees
- Lead, Manage, coach and develop staff.
- Menu planning and merchandising
- Implementation of new menu’s
- Ensure compliance with strict quality assurance, health, safety and environmental programs
- Proven leader with a post-secondary education with at least 5 years of foodservice or related management experience in an equivalent, branded retail food service environment; multi-unit management experience is a must.
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) plus Level 1 and 2 Health and Safety Certification training (or willing to complete within 90 days of hire).
- Strong experience dealing staff and with facilities
- Proven financial management skills, including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Very strong background in food preparation.
- Strong catering experience, including demonstrated experience hosting large events.
- Experience working with branded concepts
- Strong management and organizational skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- POS management skills
- Experience in managing high volume $3+Million operations.
Prefer Graduate of Culinary Program (not compulsory)
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)