At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit - we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace - do you Dare to Grow with us?
Are you passionate about warehouse logistics and organization? Do you enjoy working in a clean and efficient environment? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to execute essential manual duties and contribute to delivering results in a safe and efficient warehouse operation. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Some of your responsibilities include but are not limited to manual loading and unloading of Amazon packages with the use of pallet jack (pump truck), sorting, and scanning packages. Duties include general labour and warehouse maintenance. You will be working under the direct supervision of the Operations Supervisor or Team Lead.
Work Location: 3200 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC
*Location is a 5 to 10-minute walk from Rupert Sky Station
Rate: $18.50/ hour
*When applying please specify which schedule you are applying for:
PM / 02:00PM start time(PT – 8 hour shifts)
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Essential Job Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Unloading and loading packages
- Manual sorting and scanning of packages
- Wrapping, closing, and staging pallets
- Understanding and usage of Amazon scanners
- Meeting Amazon's KPI scan rate
- Comply with operations requirements as necessary
- Attending and contributing to pre-shift meetings
- Adhere to CEVA's policies and procedures
- Champion safety in all aspects
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Team Lead
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Must possess problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision making, and planning/organizing skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to work in high volume pedestrian and machine traffic
- Ability to multi-task and have excellent time management
- Ability to commit to a varying schedule
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and noisy environment
- Ability to complete assigned work within a given timeframe
- General understanding of how each work area interconnects
- Frequent walking, bending and lifting, and constant standing
- Handling of packages up to 50 lbs regularly
- Ability to work under hot and humid conditions in the summer
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave entitlement with a fantastic holiday buy scheme, pension and life assurance along with access to an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and money off vouchers for a diverse range of retail, travel and hospitality brands. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. It is company policy that there shall be no discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and/or age (as prescribed by law). Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to make their needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role; however, only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Pay: $18.50 per hour
- Are you able to commit to a Saturday & Sunday 2PM-10:30PM schedule?
- Are you able to lift 50 pounds?