At HEB Manitoba, our Disability & Rehabilitation (D&R) Department takes a supportive and proactive approach to providing industry-leading service for our members and stakeholders.
We are seeking a highly-motivated professional to assist our members through a positive, streamlined process which focuses on long-term results.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where your strong work ethic and positive attitude makes you an integral member of a dedicated multidisciplinary team, the Manager, D&R Administration position may be the opportunity you are looking for.
Follow this path to personal growth and challenges in your new career:
In your first few months with us, you will:
- Get to know your team and develop your working relationships with management team peers.
- Support the coordination of team workload objectives and provide feedback on department goals, targets and metrics.
Over the first year, your responsibilities will increase as you settle into your new role. You will:
- Be able to ensure basic turnaround times are adhered to and identify process improvements.
- Successfully manage employee relations and conduct both annual and informal performance meetings with your team.
- Understand your team members’ strengths and support their requirements for professional development.
- Interact with the entire D&R Department, which includes the Claims Specialist and Rehabilitation functions, and be a strong contributor to the D&R management team.
- Interact with other departments to ensure organizational priorities are aligned.
- Build strong working relationships with our numerous stakeholders.
- Participate in cyclical and task-oriented projects.
- A minimum of five to eight years experience in group insurance administration and disability claims administration.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate, along with the completion of a management diploma or certificate program.
- Five to eight years of experience in the disability administration field in increasingly responsible roles providing leadership or direction to others.
- CEBS or LOMA/FLMI certification would be considered an asset.
** An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Professional approach with a strong commitment to service excellence.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- A track record demonstrating attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Pro-active, solution-oriented and creative, with a vision for process improvement
- Proven ability to organize priorities and manage a comprehensive workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with the ability to foster a strong, cohesive team environment.
- Exceptional business communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Why join our team?
The work you will do will be challenging and rewarding. You will make a difference in our day-to-day operations and your initiative will be appreciated. We offer a flexible work environment that includes a compressed work week for your work/life balance; comprehensive compensation and benefits including a defined benefit pension plan; professional development opportunities; and a comfortable, modern environment conveniently located in downtown Winnipeg with easy access to shopping and restaurants.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m., Monday, November 25 to hr@hebmanitoba. ca.
Job Type: Full-time