WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 1982, Ardene has become one of Canada's premier fashion retailers with over 400 stores in Canada, USA and the Middle East. Through an extensive product mix and continuous commitment to innovation, customer service, fashion and value, we aim to be the fashion value brand leader in Canada and worldwide for fashion accessories, footwear and apparel.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are bright, energetic and contemporary. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for fashion, you thrive under pressure and in fast-paced environments. Recognized as a strong collaborator and communicator, you will play a key role on our growing Buying team.
HERE’S THE PLAN:
As a Buyer for Ardene, you will report to the VP Buying and Accessories and oversee the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing assortment and merchandise planning for your commodities;
- Day-to-day dealings with suppliers;
- Managing budget, margins and negotiating costs;
- Responsible for the timely management of purchase orders;
- Tracking production to ensure accuracy and timeliness;
- Assisting in fittings;
- Supporting with label changes, approval of bookings, sample filing, various follow-ups;
- Ensuring the management of samples from various vendors;
- Developing strong communications with vendors to ensure follow-through;
- Ability to analyze sales and react to support business objectives;
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- At least two (2) years in a similar role
- Proficient in basic MSOffice software
- Bilingualism required (French and English)
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing environments and priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Results-oriented mindset with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts right here at our head office (Ville St. Laurent). From dedicated in-house apparel and design teams, marketing + brand + digital experts, stylists, photographers, and graphic designers - all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. The Ardene head office is truly a creative hub that is second to none. Join us and see for yourself!
Ardene is committed to employment equity. Only those whose candidacy has been retained will be contacted.