What's Bench? Check us out in Forbes Top 30 Under 30 ( http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2016/enterprise-tech/ ), The Vancouver Sun ( http://www.vancouversun.com/business/story.html?id=11322339&__lsa=971b-6812 ), Inc.com ( http://www.inc.com/bartie-scott/bench-mental-health-guide.html ), Entrepreneur Magazine ( https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/281616 ), the blog of Perkins + Will ( https://officesnapshots.com/2017/04/25/bench-accounting-offices-vancouver/ ), The Daily Hive ( http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bench-vancouver-headquarters ) and our Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/benchaccounting/ ).
We're a passionate and fun group of people working hard to solve a tough problem for millions of entrepreneurs. For many small businesses, keeping up to date on their books means trading off time spent actually running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of our clients' hands. We've paired sleek, user-friendly software with a team of bookkeepers to provide monthly bookkeeping at an incredibly accessible price, giving entrepreneurs the time and confidence to run the businesses they love.
Bench is post Series B, capitalized by a team of Silicon Valley and New York investors. We're scaling fast and we're not slowing down anytime soon. In just a few short years, we've grown from four co-founders to over 250 Benchmates. It's been quite a ride so far and we're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible leg of our journey.
Why is the Junior Marketing Analyst an exciting opportunity?
If you'd like to apply your analyst expertise to a dynamic, high-growth environment at the cutting edge of marketing analytics, this role may be exactly what you're looking for. Reporting to our Senior Marketing Analyst, you will have the opportunity to hone your skill set with the support of a high-performing, collaborative team. You will dive into the action and not only help us diagnose problems and identify opportunities, but help the company tackle them head-on. You'll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
Bench isn't just growing. It's full-on accelerating. This demands the need for analytical thought-partners. This is where you come in. Are you up for the challenge?
Here's some of the things you'll get to work on:
- Diagnose complex problems and analyze large datasets to develop compelling, data-driven recommendations to optimize the marketing funnel
- Maintain and enhance our marketing attribution model
- Support business unit owners in top of funnel forecasting
- Lead and support analytics and insights on projects of varying sizes and complexities, such as:
- Evaluating the success of new marketing campaigns and promotional strategies
- Creating and maintaining automated reports and dashboards
- Developing systems to audit and improve data quality
- Work with marketing stakeholders to develop experiments, implement new strategies and optimize our core site and blog performance
- Collaborate with other functions to turn your insights into action
You're a great fit if you have:
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- Proficient in SQL, bonus points if you have working knowledge of Tableau
- Experience working with web analytics platforms and CRM systems is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail where it matters
The extra details:
- A nose for value: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what's most important
- Appreciation for systems: We optimize for the full-funnel, so you'll have to think full-funnel. You can connect the dots and figure out the best solution for Bench, not just the stakeholders you're working with
- Intellectual curiosity: It's not enough for you to know the what - you want to know the why. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/ resourceful in your efforts to solve them
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
- This is a full-time permanent position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- This position offers an annual salary plus stock options
- We offer an extended benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- You'll love our Lifestyle Spending Allowance, with $1,500 / year to spend on fitness activities, transit passes, books, continued learning and more
- Our downtown office is close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit
- We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench