Vickar Autobody & Glass is looking to fill the position of an experienced Autobody Technician, who, under the direction of the General Manager, will primarily be responsible to perform vehicle repairs in accordance with dealer, factory, and industry standards.
Vickar Auto Group is committed to the health and well-being of the community that we serve and is known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
Vickar Auto Group, where “Customers send their friends”.
- Review damaged vehicles and read damage reports to establish an effective plan of repair.
- Repair and/or replace body panels, fenders, grills
- Timely completion of all tasks as per the specified deadline
- Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
- Operates and uses all body shop equipment correctly and safely
- Maintains tools and ensures that equipment is clean and in good functional condition
- Sees to the cleanliness of the work space
- Maintains all personal protective equipment required for health and safety reasons, and wears it, including a respirator, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Complies with all laws, regulations and bylaws regarding paints, thinners and other hazardous materials.
- Works with the other employees to repair and prepare vehicles
- Assists team members in accomplishing goals
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with auto body repair and familiarity with paint and paint processes
- Education in the field of auto body, registered apprentice preferred
- Have great communication skills, written and verbal
- Face challenges with a can-do attitude
- Have pride in your work and attention to detail
- Enjoy a busy but well-structured workshop environment
- Have strong organizational and prioritization skill with the ability to multi-task
- Be self-motivated with initiative and work unsupervised
- Be punctual and mature
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits
- Healthy & respectful workplace
- Active, established business presence
- State of the art facility
We also offer a variety of employee appreciation incentives including discounted pricing on vehicles, parts and service, a customer referral program and annual recognition for outstanding service to the company or to the community.
Vickar Auto Group is an equal opportunity employer! We are looking for great individuals of various characteristics to add to our diverse and inclusive workforce. If you feel qualified, please apply with a cover letter and resume online. We thank all those who apply, however only those who meet our requirements will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Auto Body Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)