Please apply on https://www.twu.ca/human-resources/join-us
Program Coordinator – Nursing Graduate Programs
// School of Nursing
Position Purpose and Summary
The Program Coordinator -- Nursing Graduate Studies, in conjunction with the Director MSN Program and Dean, provides coordination and administration for the Graduate Nursing program(s). Provides ongoing administrative support to the Director MSN Program and Dean by assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Graduate programs, and assuring continued quality in all academic and administrative areas. Assists graduate faculty and students, as needed, and provides coordination and support in the admissions, recruiting, retention, and enrolment data for financial/budget purposes while ensuring the graduate programs run smoothly and efficiently.
Key Areas of Accountability
Program Administration and Coordination:
Program Recruitment /Admissions/Retention Coordination:
· Onboarding and Orientation: Coordinates the onboarding and orientation of new students and faculty.
· Admissions and Progression Graduate Process: Coordinates and participates in the Admissions and Progressions process by screening and preparing applicant files for review by the Nursing Graduate Admissions and Progressions Committee; maintains an updated database of student progressions; and communicates with the Graduate Admissions and Registrar’s Office.
· Promotion Functions/Recruitment Process: Under the guidance of the Director MSN Program, serves as the initial point of contact for the Nursing graduate programs with the health regions, recruiters, and other stakeholders to promote and recruit students for the Nursing Graduate Programs. In consultation with the Director MSN Program, Dean of Nursing, Graduate Admissions, and Marketing Department, strategically plans and conducts program-specific recruitment. Participates in travelling locally, provincially and nationally in promoting the Nursing Graduate Programs.
· Alumni Engagement: Coordinates the Nursing graduate alumni program in consultation with the Alumni Association and under the direction of the Director MSN Program.
· Graduation: Coordinates the bi-annual Nursing Graduate Program graduation activities.
· Event Coordination: Coordinates, assists, runs and strategically provides leadership for functions/events related to the School of Nursing or Graduate initiatives (i.e., Nursing Networking Cafés; Special Speaker events; workshops; conferences).
Skills and Abilities
Driven and inspired by the idea of positively impacting the various marketplaces of life through the development of godly Christian leaders by serving the Trinity Western University community.
Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Strength of character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging atmosphere.
Servant-Leader Way of Life: Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Key Internal Interactions
Reports to: Director MSN Program
Standards & Requirements
Education: Baccalaureate degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 2+ years in an organizational setting (academic or healthcare environment) Proven ability to coordinate activities and communicate effectively between partners in a project or program
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Updated: January 2020
Salary Classification: 8
Agreed to by: Director MSN Program; Dean, School of Nursing; Executive Director, Human Resources
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to the university’s mission, values, and Christian identity as articulated in its Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We are committed to an ethic of inclusion and to the equal treatment of all persons without discrimination in accordance with human rights law.
We particularly invite applications from indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations during the application process should contact Human Resources at TWU
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional ancestral territory of the Sto: lo people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent