We're looking for a Lead Building Operator to provide day-to-day operations and maintenance, delivering a high level of facilities management services to the client.
Our ideal candidates will have strong technical/operational capabilities with past experience in monitoring building systems and equipment. They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
- Perform daily rounds and record readings for all major equipment including but not limited to temperatures, pressures, electrical readings, etc. Document and inspect for irregularities in readings.
- Review and complete daily entries into engineer's log.
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks including but not limited to chemical treatment maintenance, filter changes, belt replacement, lubrications, cleaning of utility rooms, maintenance of fire prevention systems, testing and inspecting equipment for proper operation and input histories if required.
- Start-up/shutdown major building equipment as required or directed.
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair mechanical/electrical systems including but not limited to boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, life safety system, etc., and ensure all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Monitor electrical power distribution system and building automation system and respond to alarms expeditiously and methodically.
- Mitigate risk to raised floor operation by reacting to abnormal incidents, managing service support and communicating details to supervisor and client.
- Be familiar with the data centre systems, equipment and control schemes.
- Complete any duties as requested by the client’s Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimize risk to raised floor operation.
- Use the Angus Anywhere® maintenance management system to administer preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Receive and verify shipments and maintain inventory of spares, consumables and tools.
- Maintain a concise control document record of all procedures carried out, inventory of paper forms and control documents providing a concise record of procedures carried out.
- Assist other contractors/trades as required.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Building Environmental Studies, Operating Engineer certification, Engineering Technologist, provincial trade certification of qualification, or related diploma/degree/certification;
- 5+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of critical facilities;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff;
- Possesses personal leadership attributes including: integrity, trustworthiness, results focused, high standards, commitment, ethical values and achievement oriented;
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written);
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- operation and maintenance of critical facilities: 8 years
- facilities maintenance and operation: 3 years